Wednesday, April 27, 2005

An Eleanor Steber Question

This letter came across my desk and I thought I would pass it on to the distinguished Listers:

I see that you studied under Eleanor Steber who is 1st cousin to my mother Frances Steber. I have been trying to obtain information regarding the Steber family and have come against some very difficult blocks. My mother is currently 73 and remembers much about the past, but has difficultly with details. I don't know if you knew much about Eleanor family roots. I know that they emmigrated from Penn. to Virginia. I am trying to find out if the Steber family has Jewish roots. I see that Eleanor was very much connected with Jewish Foundations, and communities. If there is any information that you think may help, please email me at angelicus@satx.rr.com. I sincerely thank youFrances SwankSan Antonio, Texas

No comments: