Monday, March 12, 2007

Performers

I am trying to describe what it's like to perform, putting the experience into words. My husband performed years ago and was helpful with the technical aspect, but I want to know what the performer is experiencing emotionally with the music. What is that day of the performance like? When you arrive at the hall, how do you feel? Do you talk to anyone? Is the music running through your mind? What about when you are performing? What does hearing the music do to you? Are you feeling any emotions? What about afterward? Relief, I know. But is there any emotion experienced with the separation of the music, now that you are no longer involved with it as you were during the performance. I'm trying to write this so that the reader can experience and hear what s/he is reading. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

No comments: